C&M McNally Engineering Corp., established in 1979, specializes in underground infrastructure projects. General Contractors for publicly and privately tendered tunnel projects, we provide innovative engineered solutions bringing value to our clients in the sewer, watermain and utility industry. Our experience in tunneling continues to grow not only as General Contractors, but also as Joint Venture Partners and Subcontractors throughout Canada and the USA.
The company was founded by brothers Mike and Chris McNally both professional engineers in Ontario, with a long history of undertaking challenging projects in the Toronto area. They were introduced to tunneling by their father Pat McNally whose Tunnel Contracting Business was a leader in the Ontario market during the 1960’s and 70’s. Growing up in the Business developed leadership skills and extensive knowledge leading to successful execution of Contracts undertaken by C&M McNally Engineering Corp.
In 2012, Mike McNally announced his retirement introducing new ownership to the company. Long time dedicated employees; Scott Chapman and John Teahen assumed his ownership role and have become the next generation to bring their unique optimism and creativity to an ever changing industry.
C&M McNally added great insight, innovation and creativity to many projects over the years providing quality, value and cost savings to our clients and while providing safe working environments for our highly skilled workers and management teams. We at C&M McNally are committed to achieving accident free work places and endorse safety beyond industry requirements.
To compete in today’s tunneling market we must not only look after the needs of our clients but also the employees who make us who we are.
Tunneling requires strong, motivated, practical and passionate individuals dedicated to the overall success of the company in a very competitive market place.
Chris McNally, P.ENG. G.S.C.
President – Standby Project Manager
Project management, tunnelling, sewer system design
- From Co-founding the firm in 1979 Chris has been intimately involved in bidding, planning, design and field work for every project C&M McNally has undertaken
- Chris has served on the OSWCA for 25 years serving as President in 1999, on the Canadian Construction Association board since 2003 and is the CCA Chair in 2017
John Teahen, P.ENG.
V.P. – Senior Project / Operations Manager
Project management, tunnelling, field supervision
- Since 1997 John has been with C&M McNally in project management, design, and field engineering with respect to tunnels
- Director and past President of the Greater Toronto Sewer and Watermain Construction Association
Scott Chapman, C.E.T.
V.P. – Senior Manager / Quality Control
- Started in 1985 with C&M McNally, specializing in underground surveying with respect to tunneling, project management, design, and Tunnel Boring Machine Procurement
- Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists: Member